You might want to put some apps on your new Apple Watch if you have one. Even if you’ve owned an Apple Watch for a while, you might not have explored all of the apps it has to offer. We’ll go over how to search and install apps on your Apple Watch in this article.
How to Get Apple Watch Apps
To begin, let’s go through the basics:
- The Digital Crown is the protruding button on the side of your watch.
- The Side button is located just below the Digital Crown and is practically invisible.
How to Get Apps from your Watch
Although I like to get apps from my iPhone, you may still want to look for them on your watch.
- By touching the Digital Crown, navigate to your Apple Watch’s Home screen (the one with the sea of app bubbles).
- Tap the App Store bubble when you find it.
- You can either browse some of the highlighted apps that appear when you open the App Store or search for an app once the App Store is open on your watch.
- When you tap in the Search field, a screen appears that allows you to do one of two things:
- Dictation allows you to search using your voice by just tapping on the microphone button.
- Apple refers to this as Scribble, and it requires you to draw each letter on your watch’s screen.
5. Tap Search after you’ve entered your search word. You’ll see a selection of apps that match your search, just like in the App Store on your iPhone.
6. To learn more about an app, simply tap it. Tap Get or the price if you want the app.
7. To complete the purchase, you must double-click the side button.
How to Get Apps using your iPhone
Apps for your Apple Watch can be downloaded using your iPhone (the one that is paired with your Apple Watch).
Get Apps on your Watch that you Already Have on Your iPhone
Apple Watch apps for the apps you already have on your iPhone can be found in the Watch app on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app. Make sure that the My Watch tab is turned on (on the bottom of the screen).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see a section labeled Available Apps.
- Tap Install if you notice an app you’d like to have on your watch.
Find New Apps for your Watch
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Discover tab.
- To open the App Store, scroll down to the bottom of the list and tap Explore Watch Apps.
- You can look through the many categories and featured apps there.