The sound of your alarm clock does not have to be monotonous. You can select the desired alarm sound from a huge library of predetermined noises, vibration sounds, and an ever-growing Tone Store, allowing you to wake up with renewed vigor. One of the easiest ways to change your iPhone’s alarm sounds is to find new ones that you prefer or to use the default iPhone sounds.
You may set your favorite music from Apple Music as your alarm sound and even generate custom vibration noises if you want to customize your alarm tone even more. So, if you’re ready, let me show you how to personalize and alter the alarm sounds on your iPhone.
Customize and Change Alarm Sounds on iPhone (2022)
Change Alarm Sounds on iOS
Changing alarm sounds on iOS is dead simple.
1. Open your iPhone’s Clock app and select the Alarm tab at the bottom of the screen. After that, choose the alarm you wish to change.
3. Select Sound from the Edit Alarm screen. A vast list of alarm sounds should appear on the next screen. To play a certain sound, browse through the collection and tap it. Tap Classic and then select your favorite option if you want antique alarm noises like Duck, Bark, or Crickets.
4. Once you’ve chosen your preferred alarm, go return to the upper left corner of the screen and tap Save to save your changes.
Set Your Alarm to Play a Song from Apple Music Library
You may also set your alarm sound to a song from the Apple Music collection. If you have a favorite song that you listen to again and over, this suggestion might be useful.
1. Open the Clock app on your iPhone -> alarm tab at bottom of screen -> particular alarm -> Sound.
2. Tap Pick a Song in the Songs area, then select a downloaded song from your Apple Music collection.
Change Alarm’s Vibration Sound on iPhone
Furthermore, iOS includes a good selection of vibration sounds, including Heartbeat, S.O.S, Symphony, Accent, and others. As a result, you can customize the vibration sound of your alarm on your iOS device.
1. Open the Clock app on your iPhone, then go to the Alarm tab at the bottom of the screen, then to the alarm you wish to alter, then to Sound.
2. Select the preferred vibration sound by tapping Vibration at the top.
3. To finish, tap the back () button twice and then hit Save.
You can set an alarm to vibrate just or sound only using the Clock app.
You can also set your iPhone’s alarm to vibrate and alert you through sound.
Create a Custom Vibration Sound for Alarm on iPhone
If you enjoy customizing things, there’s a strong chance you’ll want to make personalized alarm sounds for your iOS device. If you think it’ll be a time-consuming process, believe me when I say it’s not.
1. Open the Clock app on your iOS device -> alarm tab at the bottom of the screen -> select the alarm you wish to change -> Sound.
2. Now, go to the top of the screen and press Vibration, then Create New Vibration.
3. Create a vibrating pattern by tapping on the screen. To create a unique vibration pattern on your iPhone, you’ll need to use all of your beat tuning skills.
4. To listen to your customized vibration, tap Play in the bottom left corner of the screen. If you’re satisfied with your invention, tap Save in the top right corner -> Give your custom vibration a name, and hit Save in the popup to confirm. On the Vibration screen, your custom vibrations will display in the Customs area.
Add a Custom Alarm Sound on iPhone
The Clock app also allows you to download new tones if you don’t like the pre-programmed alarm sounds or want to add custom sounds for further customization. Apple Tone Store has a large selection of high-quality tones that are reasonably priced.
1. Open the Clock app on your iOS device -> alarm tab at the bottom of the screen -> choose the alarm you want to alter -> Sound.
2. Next, tap Tone Store to access Apple’s huge tone library.
3. Next, go to the Tone Store and purchase/download the tones that appeal to you. Set a preferred tone as your alarm sound after that.
Set Voice Memo As Your Alarm Sound on iPhone
Setting up a voice memo as your alarm sound would be rather intriguing if you want to boost the personalization game even more. Though it involves a time-consuming workaround upfront, the ultimate result is impressive.
So, what are the conditions for this hack? It takes the Apple GarageBand program and audio that you wish to set as your alarm sound on your iPhone (Free). The software is compatible with iOS 15 or later on iPhones, iPad, and iPods touch.
1. Open Voice Memos on your device and record audio or navigate to an existing recording to get started. Then, in the sharing sheet, tap on the tiny circle with three dots immediately next to the recording and select Save to Files. Then, in the Files app, save the recording to the selected location.
2. Now launch the GarageBand app and select an instrument. Then, in the top left corner of the screen, tap the project symbol.
3. Next, go to the top right corner of the screen and pick the loop icon.
4. Next, go to the Files menu in the GarageBand program and import the recording. The audio should then be edited and exported.
Your recording will now show in the Ringtones area, where you may use it as a ringtone for your iPhone or as an alarm sound. It’s worth noting that we have different instructions on how to make an iPhone ringtone from a voice memo. Check it out if you need a step-by-step guide.
If your voice memo isn’t up to par, try improving it before using it as your alarm sound.
Change Alarm’s Volume from Settings App on iPhone
The volume of your alarm can be adjusted in the iOS Settings app.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select Sounds & Haptics to get started.
2. Adjust the loudness of your alarm by dragging the slider left or right under the Ringer and Alerts area. Your device will play an alert as you drag the slider to let you know how the volume changes.
Adjust Alarm Volume Using Volume Buttons on iPhone
You may also alter the alarm volume on your iPhone using the volume controls on your smartphone. Make sure the “Change with Buttons” toggle in the Sounds & Haptics setting is turned on.
1. Select Sounds & Haptics from your iPhone’s Settings app.
2. Now turn on the toggle next to Change with Buttons. You may fine-tune the tone of your alarms in the future by using the volume up/down button.
Customize Alarm Sounds on iPhone to Your Liking
That’s all there is to it! That’s how you can change the alarm sound on your iPhone to your heart’s content.
You can choose a lovely song as the alarm sound, a classic sound, or a personalized vibration, depending on your preferences. I hope your alarm will no longer be boring with so many personalization choices available.
Do you have any questions or comments about this tutorial to share? Please share your ideas in the comments area below, and if you want to learn more about iPhone shortcuts and hidden tips, check out our exhaustive roundups of the greatest iPhone shortcuts and hidden secrets.