Apple subscription options allow you to change to a different type of subscription at any time. For instance, you can pay for a month, three months, or an entire year. You have the option of selecting a student, an individual, or a family plan. This article will change you through the process of updating your Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch.
If you’re interested in canceling your Apple Music membership, please visit our post on How To Cancel Apple Subscriptions.
Looking to change your Apple Music subscription, or cancel your Apple Music subscription altogether? Here’s what you need to know!
Available Apple Music Plans
The available Apple Music plans and their costs, as of this writing, in the U.S:
|Plan Type||Cost per Month|
Some things to note:
- Only college students are eligible for the student plan.
- Family Sharing is required for the Family plan.
- Family plans allow for up to six users — each user receives their own personal music account.
- Apple Music is also included in Apple One.
How to Change your Subscription Plan
Almost any Apple device can be used to change your Apple Music subscription.
On iPhone or iPad
- Navigate to Settings and tap on your (Apple ID) name in the upper-right corner.
- Subscriptions can be accessed by tapping on it. Subscriptions that are currently active
- will be listed under Active.
- Select Apple Music.
- You should see a list of available subscriptions. Select the one you desire.
- Navigate to the App Store. Double-click on App Store in Finder > Applications.
- To access your account information, click on your name in the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Log in using your Apple ID and password by clicking View Information.
- Scroll down to the section Manage. Select Manage (on the right).
- You’ll see a list of your subscriptions. Next to Apple Music, click Edit.
- Select the desired subscription option and then click Done.
On Apple TV
- Select Users & Accounts from the Settings menu. Select a user account.
- Select Apple Music from the Subscriptions menu.
- Choose the subscription type that best fits your needs.
On Apple Watch
- Navigate to the App Store.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Account.
- Subscriptions can be accessed by tapping on it.
- From the list, select Apple Music.
- To view the subscription choices, scroll down. Select the desired option.