On iOS, the default Messages app has a lot of features. It allows you to reply to messages, and tag others, and, of course, it is encrypted. iMessage allows you to create polls and surveys right inside the app. Here’s how to create polls in iMessage for iPhone and iPad.
Users of iMessage, on the other hand, are missing out on the option to make polls. Fortunately, iMessage’s App Store integration means there’s an app for almost everything. So, here’s how you can make a poll in your iMessage group chat.
Create Polls in iMessage Group Chats on iPhone and iPad (2022)
iMessage includes an integrated App Store that allows you to download apps directly from a conversation thread.
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to make polls in iMessage group chats using poll creation software.
Though there are other apps that allow you to add a poll function to your iOS device’s native messaging app, I found “Polls for iMessage” to be more user-friendly and trustworthy.
At the end of this article, we’ve listed several more apps that you may use to generate iMessage polls.
You can navigate and hop ahead to any part that interests you using the table of contents below.
Create Polls in iMessage Group Chats
Open the Apple Messages app on your iPhone or iPad and go to a group chat to get started.
- Now, in the iMessage app drawer, tap the “App Store” icon, then the tiny magnifying glass icon next to your profile photo.
- Then, in the search bar, type Polls for iMessage, and download it like any other app.
- Return to the group conversation next. After that, on the app drawer, swipe left from right to discover Polls for iMessage and press on its icon.
- Next, select Get Started. Then, after typing in the poll title, click Next.
- Add at least two more options now. After selecting each option, tap Done.
- Then, in the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the Settings icon to change your poll settings. You can, for example, enable or prevent everyone to see who voted for each option, and others to add options to the poll.
- Tap the back button (small arrow) in the upper-left corner of the screen once you’ve finished customizing your iMessage poll. Finally, click Send Poll to complete the process.
Download Polls for iMessage (Free)
Other Notable iMessage Poll Apps You Can Try
You don’t have to use Polls for iMessage to make iMessage polls. It is, nevertheless, our choice because it has a lot of features, updates in real-time, and is completely free.
If you want to test out some alternative apps for creating polls in your iPhone group chat, here are several to consider.
TinyPoll can be a better alternative for you if you require greater freedom when generating and changing polls.
You can easily build an iMessage poll with the app and change it as many times as you wish. Furthermore, it provides a more efficient method of tracking vote results.
Remember that the freemium edition of the software only allows you to create one poll each day (only 3 options per poll). You’ll need to upgrade to the pro version ($1.99/year) if you want to create infinite polls (up to 5 options per poll).
Install: (free, the full version is available for $1.99/year)
2. Polls – Create Polls in iMessage
“Polls” is a simple and easy-to-use iMessage software that lets you construct polls in iMessage group chats with as much flexibility as you like.
You can customize your poll and send it in the group chat based on your needs. Notably, the app presents the vote results in a clear manner so that you can quickly determine which way the wind is blowing.
While the basic version of this iMessage app is free, the premium version ($0.99/year) allows you to create limitless polls.
Install: (free, the full version is available for $0.99/year)
Use Polls in iMessage on iOS and iPadOS
It’s finished! So, the next time you can’t decide on a topic or want to get everyone on board with a proposal, consider conducting a poll.
These iMessage apps are straightforward and perform as expected. However, a built-in poll function in the stock chat app in iOS 16 would be fantastic? What are your thoughts on the matter?
Please let us know what you think. Check out these great iMessage tips, iMessage games, and unique sticker packs to spice up texting if you want to unlock the full potential of iMessage.