Memoji stickers will be supported in iOS 13 for iPhone, allowing users to express themselves more freely in messaging apps. Use Memoji stickers on an iPhone to create your own custom stickers. These stickers can be used in the Messages app on your iPhone.
A Memoji is an emoji that you can personalize to your liking. Memoji stickers take things a step further by allowing you to create and save many emotions for your digitized faces, which you can then share across other messaging apps.
Which iPhones support Memoji Stickers?
Memoji Stickers are only compatible with iPhone devices with Face ID because Memoji uses powerful camera sensors. There aren’t many iPhone models that have a Face ID sensor as of this writing. Check out the following list:
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11 (to be announced)
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11 Max (to be announced)
If you have an iPad, keep in mind that Memoji Stickers are only compatible with the 3rd Gen iPad Pro 12.9-inch and 11-inch devices.
How to create Memoji Stickers
- On the iPhone, there is no direct menu for making Memoji Stickers. On supported iPhone and iPad devices, Apple has included the feature in the Messages app. To begin, open the “Messages” app, and click “Edit Name and Photo” from the “three-dot menu” in the top-right corner.
- The “Create Your Memoji” screen will appear. On the “Memoji” screen, tap “Get Started,” then tap “Get Started” again if prompted.
- The Memoji editing controls will appear on the next screen. The face’s skin tone will come first, followed by hairstyle, eyebrows, eyes, and a variety of other traits.
- Choose a skin tone that you prefer; creating a Memoji with your own skin tone is a lot of fun. Then scroll down the page to adjust your Freckles (if any), Cheeks color, and any Beauty Spots you may have.
- After you’ve finished with the Skin options, select “Hairstyle” from the drop-down menu below the preview face. Select your hair color, then choose the haircut that most closely resembles your current look.
- The rest of the setup should be completed with options and features that closely mirror your actual face and style. When you’ve finished adjusting the settings, touch “Done” in the top-right corner of the screen.
In the Messages app on iOS 13, you can additionally share your Name and Photo with pals. When you’re finished creating your Memoji, hit “Choose Name and Photo” to “Share your Name and Photo with Friends.”
- In iMessage, you can set your Memoji as your photo, slide on the Photos area to select your Apple ID photo or your Name’s initial, hit “More” to take a photo, or even set an Animoji as your photo.
- On the “Choose Your Name and Photo” box, tap “Continue,” then pose in front of the camera with the expression you want to be seen as your iMessage profile image and push the “Shutter” button. To finish the picture, tap “Choose” on the next screen.
Complete the remaining steps to share your Name and Photo using the Messages app. You can access your Memoji Stickers through the Messages app’s Memoji Stickers button once you’ve generated them.
How to access Memoji Stickers
When typing a message in the iOS Messages app, press the “Stickers” icon next to Animoji in the app bar just above the keyboard. Memoji Stickers should be the first list of stickers you see in the stickers tab.
To effortlessly navigate through all of your Memoji Stickers, scroll up on the screen. Tap to choose and send a sticker.
Using Memoji Stickers in WhatsApp
You can utilize iOS 13’s Memoji Stickers in WhatsApp on your iPhone using the latest version of WhatsApp. When typing a message in WhatsApp, tap the “Emoji” icon at the bottom left of the keyboard, then “Swipe left” on the emojis list to show your Memoji Stickers. Tap the “three-dot menu” next to your Memoji Stickers to see all stickers.
Select the Memoji Sticker you want to send, add a caption if desired, and click “Send.”