Almost everyone enjoys playing 8 ball pool; it’s a fun game that requires accuracy and precision, as well as a little strategy, to beat your opponent. Play 8-Ball Pool via iMessage, anytime, anywhere! Shoot pool in style and for free with the 8-Ball Pool app.
There are a lot of games to choose from in the iMessage store, but nothing tops the oldies.
For the uninitiated, 8 Ball Pool is a game played with eight balls divided into two groups: stripes and solids.
Whoever pockets the first ball must remain with that group for the duration of the game and pocket all of the balls before their opponent.
Furthermore, hitting your opponent’s ball with the cue ball directly constitutes a foul, and your opponent is free to place the ball anywhere on the board.
The game is won by the first player to pocket all of their balls. So, without further ado, let’s look at how to play 8 Ball Pool on your iPhone.
Download and Install 8 Ball Pool Using iMessage Store
To get the 8 Ball Pool game, you’ll need to download and install the ‘GamePigeon‘ software, which has a variety of games, including the 8 Ball Pool.
- To do so, go to your iOS device’s home screen and open the ‘Messages app.
- Then, on your ‘Messages‘ app, tap on any conversation head.
- Then, at the bottom portion of the screen, tap the grey-colored ‘App Store‘ icon.
- Then, on the app bar, press the blue-colored ‘App Shop‘ symbol to launch the iMessage app store in an overlay window.
- Then, in the overlay window, go to the top right corner and click the ‘Search‘ icon.
- Now, type game pigeon into the search box and press the ‘Search’ button on your keyboard’s bottom right corner.
- After that, on the ‘GamePigeon‘ tile, click the ‘Get’ button. Then, using your selected method of login, submit credentials for your Apple ID.
Start a Game of 8 Ball Pool With your Contacts
It’s time to start a game with one of your loved ones now that you’ve downloaded the ‘GamePigeon‘ software on your iOS smartphone.
- To do so, go to your iOS device’s home screen and open the ‘Messages‘ app.
- Then tap on the individual you want to play the game with’s conversation head. Otherwise, go to the ‘Messages’ app’s top right corner and tap the ‘Compose‘ button.
- Locate the app bar on the top of your keyboard and scroll it sideways while you’re in the conversation view. Then, to view the list of games, tap on the ‘GamePigeon‘ symbol.
- After that, select the ‘8 Ball‘ option from the grid on your screen.
- Now, touch on one of the options under the ‘GAME MODE‘ column to choose a game mode. The ‘8 Ball’ option is the standard game mode, whereas the ‘8 Ball+’ option merely doubles the amount of balls in your game to give you more time to play.
- After that, select your favourite difficulty level. The ‘Normal‘ difficulty level will show you a projected path for the ball you’re trying to hit, however the ‘Hard’ difficulty level will not.
- By touching on the ‘Configure‘ tile next to the ‘GAME MODE’ section, you may also customise your cue stick. Almost all of the options, on the other hand, can only be accessed by purchasing the app through in-app purchases.
- Then, if desired, type a message and touch the ‘Send‘ button to invite your acquaintance to play ‘8 Ball Pool.’
Because you sent the invitation, the other person gets to take the first round.
When your opponent’s turn is over, tap on the ‘YOUR MOVE‘ tile to begin your turn.
- Drag your finger sideways across the screen to align your cue ball’s path with the path of your target ball. Then, on the right area of the pool board, tap on the ‘cue ball’ picture. This will cause the image of the cue ball to appear on your screen.
- After that, tap on the cue ball to modify the cue ball’s hitting position, which is shown by a red dot. This gives you more control over your cue ball after you’ve hit it. Tap anywhere on the screen to dismiss.
- Then, on the left side of the pool board, look for the ‘cue stick‘ icon. Next, tap-hold and drag your finger downwards to modify shot power; release the stick once you’ve reached the appropriate shot power.
- Both players will have their own group of balls to pocket once one of the players pockets a ball. Under your player icon, your group type will be indicated.
- When you aim the opponent’s ball, a cross mark appears, indicating that it is not yours to pocket.
- If your opponent fouls by hitting your group of balls or pocketing the cue ball during their turn, you have the ball in hand, which means you get to pick where you want the cue ball to go for your next turn.
- Furthermore, if any player, even indirectly, pockets the ‘8’ (black) ball during the game, they immediately lose and the game is won by the other.
- The game will be won by the person who can pocket all of their group balls the quickest.
Turn Sound and Music On/Off for 8 Ball Pool
Although in-game music and sound are an important element of any game, if you are in a social setting and don’t have any earphones, the people around you will appreciate it if you turn down the volume on your phone.
- To do so, go to the 8 Ball Pool game screen and click on the ‘gear’ button located in the lower left corner.
- Then, to turn off the in-game music, use the ‘Music’ button. After that, press the ‘Sound’ button to turn off the game’s sound effects.
- The customization options located directly above the ‘Sound’ and ‘Music’ controls allow you to change your character’s look, including facial expressions, haircuts, hats, eyewear, and much more.