With Siri on AirPods, you can make calls, ask questions, send messages, and more. Let’s look at how to turn off Siri on your AirPods if you don’t use it or find it accidentally turned on.
By speaking “Hey Siri” to Siri on your AirPods, you can control Siri on your iPhone. This is how to turn off Siri on AirPods.
All AirPods models, including the first, second, third, and AirPods Pro, are covered in this tutorial.
How to Turn off Siri on AirPods 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen, and Pro
Please keep in mind that AirPods are very basic gadgets. They are unable to connect to the internet in order to fulfill your Siri request.
AirPods are just a remote control for activating Siri on the linked device — iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch. You may disable AirPods’ ability to activate Siri on the linked device by following the instructions below. That’s everything.
Turn off AirPods Siri using iPhone or iPad
Here’s how to Siri off on AirPods with your iPhone:
- Make sure your iPhone is linked to your AirPods.
- Open the Settings app and select Bluetooth.
- For your AirPods, press the info button I
- To activate Siri, tap the specified Left or Right button.
- Select a different choice than Siri.
You’ve now turned off Siri on your AirPods. However, if you have AirPods 2nd generation or later, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max, you can still activate Siri by saying “Hey Siri” while wearing your AirPods.
You’ll have to turn off “Hey Siri” on your iPhone if you want to disable that as well. This is how you do it.
- Tap Siri & Search in the Settings menu.
- Turn off the “Hey Siri” feature.
- Turn off Allow Siri When Locked and press the Side Button for Siri to entirely disable Siri.
Turn off AirPods Siri using Mac
Here’s how to use your Mac to turn off Siri on AirPods:
- Make sure your Mac is linked to your AirPods.
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Bluetooth is selected.
- Click Options next to your AirPods’ name.
- Choose anything other than Siri from the Left or Right dropdown options.
Go to System Preferences > Siri to completely disable Siri on your Mac. To turn off the voice assistant, deselect Listen for “Hey Siri” or Enable Ask Siri.
Siri switched off on AirPods
You should be able to switch off Siri on your AirPods by now. If you ever want to undo this adjustment, repeat the procedures and activate Siri with either the left or right AirPod.
Please follow these procedures to turn off Siri’s announcement of incoming messages if you were just bothered by it. You don’t have to turn off Siri completely.
Finally, have a look around our Siri section for additional information on Apple’s speech assistant.