Repeatedly finding the same problem iCloud Backup Failed? Want to get rid of the error “There was a problem enabling iCloud backup”? Well, this article will let you know how to fix the issue iCloud Backup Failed in 2020.
Apple users prefer to store a duplicate file of device data in iCloud, the stored data can be recovered whenever needed. There are multiple causes for iCloud Backup Failed. Read to explore the main causes and solving methods for the error there was a problem enabling iCloud backup.
Why iCloud Backup Failed? Reasons:
Firstly we have introduced the reasons for the problem iCloud Backup Failed so that you can be aware of the actual causes behind the error “There was a problem enabling iCloud backup” Below-given are some of the main causes for iCloud Backup Failed.
- Apple users find the problem iCloud backup, due to “Apple System Status down”
- The iCloud backup feature is disabled in Apple devices.
- Lack in System Software Update in iPhone, iPad Devices.
- Bad or invalid internet connectivity.
- Low storage space left in iCloud Storage.
So now, you are aware of some of the main reasons behind the error “There was a problem enabling iCloud backup” Let’s go through the solving methods to fix the problem iCloud Backup Failed.
Methods to Fix the problem iCloud Backup Failed in 2020
We insist you perform the stated methods one after another and check whether the error “There was a problem enabling iCloud backup” is fixed or not in your iPhone/iPad devices.
Check Apple System Status before proceeding with solving methods in your iPhone/iPad device. Visit the official Apple portal and find whether iCloud Backup is active or not. If you find a green spot at the side of iCloud Backup then kindly, proceed with the solving methods.
Restart your iPhone/iPad device and Home router
Sometimes due to minor software glitch or unavailability of good internet connectivity might find the problem iCloud Backup Failed. Insist you to restart your iPhone/iPad device and Home router.
To restart your Home router kindly, make use of a safety pin. You will find a tiny reset button behind the Route. Using the safety pin, press and hold the Router Reset button for 10 seconds and then release. Once done, kindly check whether the error message “There was a problem enabling iCloud backup” is vanished or not.
Make sure iCloud Backup feature “Enabled” in iPhone/iPad device
- Open setting in your iPhone/iPad device
- Click on Username to proceed
- Find the iCloud option and click on it
- Next step is to click on “Storage & Backup”
- Scroll down and enable iCloud Backup, if not.
In case, if you unknowingly or knowingly disabled iCloud Backup, enable it in your iPhone device to fix the problem iCloud Backup Failed.
Sign Out from iCloud and re-login
- Firstly Open Setting in your iPhone/iPad device
- Kindly click on Username
- Click on Media & Purchases option (App Store)
- You will find “Sign Out” kindly click on it.
Once done, restart your Apple device and re-login in iCloud. Hopefully, the problem with iCloud Backup Failed might be fixed. If not proceed with other solving methods.
Reset Network Settings to Default
- Open settings in your iPhone/iPad device.
- Scroll down and find the “General” option, click on it.
- You will find the last option “Reset” kindly, click on it.
- Next step is to click on the “Reset Network Settings” option
- Kindly click on “Reset Network Settings” in your iPhone/iPad device
Performing the method in your iPhone/iPad device you can fix the problem iCloud Backup Failed.
Check for System Software Updates
- Firstly, open settings in your iPhone/iPad device.
- Click on General Option from the given list.
- Scroll down to find “About” click on it
- Next step is to click on Software Update
- Check if any System Software Update is available, if any Download and Install the same in your iPhone/iPad device.
Clear Storage Space in iCloud
Less Storage space left in iCloud Storage finds the problem iCloud Backup Failed. Kindly delete the Old data and files which are not useful from iCloud storage.
- Open settings in your iPhone/iPad device.
- Next step is to click on Username
- Kindly find iCloud from the given list and click on it.
- Next step is to click on the “Backup” option
- Now click on Oldest backup and click on it ( Unnecessary Backup)
- You will find iCloud Backup size and a delete backup button
- Simply click on “Delete Button” to clear the storage Space in iCloud.
In case, if you are not intending to delete any of the stored data or files from iCloud then kindly, purchase more storage for iCloud. You will find the “Buy More Storage” option under “Storage & Backup” option. If needed more storage kindly, upgrade your current iCloud storage plan.
Contact Apple Support
After performing all the above-stated methods in your iPhone/iPad device finding the same iCloud Backup Failed problem then, we would insist you contact Apple Support.
FAQ for iCloud Backup Failed
- Why does my iCloud backup keep failing?
Due to lack in iCloud Storage Space or Bad internet connectivity, Apple users find the problem iCloud Backup Failed with the message “There was a problem enabling iCloud backup”
- Why won’t my iPhone backup when I have enough storage?
There are multiple reasons for the iCloud Backup Failed such as Apple System down for iCloud Backup, bad internet connectivity and lack of system software update in iPhone or iPad devices.
- How do I stop my iPhone from failing to Backup?
Kindly perform the below-given methods in your iPhone device to get rid of the problem iPhone from failing to backup (iCloud Backup Failed)
- Restart your device and Home router
- Sign Out from iCloud and re-login
- Reset Network Settings to Default
- Check for System Software Updates
- Clear Storage Space in iCloud
- What happens if you turn off iCloud backup?
If you turn off iCloud Backup in your iPhone/iPad device the current backup files and data will vanish. Moreover, you find the error message there was a problem enabling iCloud backup while trying to perform the action iCloud Backup in iPhone/iPad device.
- Why is my iCloud always full?
The reason might be old stored data. You might have stored plenty of large files, data in iCloud storage. Simply delete the unwanted files and data that are stored in iCloud storage to fix the issue, iCloud Backup Failed.
We’re glad to introduce the fixing methods for the problem iCloud Backup Failed. If you have any doubt or query kindly, note the same in the comment section. Our dedicated team will look into it!