The term DFU stands for Device Firmware Upgrade, performing DFU mode you can upgrade and restore your iPhone device. In this article, we have discussed the necessary steps for iPhone DFU mode for different iPhone models in 2020.
Investing a few minutes reading the article, will let you explore the necessary steps to put your iPhone device in DFU mode. We have covered almost all the iPhone models to help Apple users for restoring their iPhone device with the latest firmware in 2020.
Must Requirements to perform, iPhone DFU mode!
Below stated are the must requirements to execute the process DFU mode in 2020.
- iPhone device
- Mac System
- Compatible USB Cable
- Valid internet connectivity
Note: Get you Mac system connected with reliable internet connectivity to avoid the unwanted hassle, completing the DFU mode process.
Steps to perform iPhone DFU mode in latest iPhone Models!
Here, you will find the steps for DFU mode (Latest iPhone devices) You can perform the given steps in below-stated iPhone device to execute the process DFU mode in 2020.
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus,
- iPhone X, iPhone XS,
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro,
- iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
Let’s go through the DFU mode steps.
- Firstly connect your iPhone device with your Mac System using a USB cable
- Kindly, press Volume Up button in your iPhone device
- Now press the Volume Down button
- Next step is to hold the sleep/wake button until your iPhone screen turns off.
- Once done, again hold the power button and volume down button
- Count up to 5 and release the power button and hold on the volume down button
- Release the volume down button, once you find an alert message in your Mac system saying, iPhone device detected in recovery mode.
- Next step is to click on the “Restore” tab and choose the option “Restore and Update”
That’s it! Once you perform the above-given DFU mode steps, your iPhone device will be restored with the latest firmware.
Steps to perform iPhone DFU mode in iPhone 7 and 7 plus!
- The very 1st step is to connect your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus device with Mac system, using a USB cable.
- Now press the volume down key and power key simultaneously and count up to 8.
- Simply release the iPhone power key and keep holding the volume down button, iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus screen will turn off.
- Release the Volume down key once, you find an alert message saying, iPhone device is detected in recovery mode.
Note: In case, if you don’t find the alert message insist you perform the same steps once again. Might possible you have pressed the power key for more than 8 seconds.
- Next step is to click on the restore tab and choose the option “Restore and update” in Mac System.
- The iPhone DFU mode process will consume some time, wait until 100 % completion.
- Once done, you will find the iPhone device with brand new devices interface! Proceed further with the set-up process to use your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Pus device.
Steps to perform iPhone DFU mode in iPhone 6 and below!
- Connecting your iPhone 6 or other old models of iPhone with Mac System will be the first step.
- Once done, press and hold the home button and power button simultaneously.
- Count up-to 8 and release the power button but hold on with the home button.
- Release the home button, once you find an alert message with “iPhone device detected in recovery mode”
- Next step is to click on restore and choose the option “Restore and update” to execute the iPhone DFU mode for installing the latest firmware in iPhone 6 or below models.
FAQ for iPhone DFU mode!
- What is DFU?
DFU stands for Device Firmware Upgrade. The iPhone DFU mode helps Apple users to restore and update their iPhone devices with the latest firmware.
- How do I restore my iPhone in recovery mode?
Firstly connect the iPhone device with a Mac system. Press and hold the sleep/wake button + volume down button simultaneously and release the same once you find recovery mode in your iPhone screen.
- Does DFU mode Unlock iPhone?
Yes, DFU mode helps to unlock the iPhone device. Majority of iPhone users are aware of the DFU mode as it helps to unlock the iPhone device.
In this article, we have introduced the necessary steps for iPhone DFU Mode in 2020. If you have any doubt or query kindly, note it in the given comment section. Our team will look into it!